Social media has influenced how we like to absorb information and the keywords to remember are short, brief, to the point - keep this in mind for your resume and cover letter....
- Social media has influenced how we like to absorb information and the keywords to remember are short, brief, to the point - keep this in mind for your resume and cover letter....
- You start out not being very good at your job, but may think you are good. Slowly you get better and over time become really good and you reflect back on the days when you first started with a smile on your face. This is persistence - never let it go!
- Failure, failure, failure - the foundation to success. Don't give up when it looks like it is the end of the world....focus and hang in there and long-term you will reap great rewards for your efforts and endurance.
- Colleagues and overall work environment are often the most important factors for work satisfaction and not necessarily the work itself - consider this next time you feel like changing your line of work.
- It is a common misconception more wealth equals more happiness. If you can't find happiness in your current state, you will most likely continue to struggle after amassing wealth.
- Inaction is a guarantee for no satisfaction, whereas taking action will give you a shot at satisfaction.
- Don't dwell on failures, but focus your energy and thoughts on what you can still achieve.
- Volatility and tough times at work makes your career more satisfying, when you fight and overcome those tough moments.
- Life is great, if you decide it to be - it is all in your mind.
- Satisfaction is a state of mind that you decide upon - so do your best at work and be satisfied. If your satisfaction becomes dependent on a comparison to other people, you will struggle to find a true level of satisfaction!
- Define success as to your own satisfaction and not based on the perception of success created from media or other people.
- Decide to work to achieve for your own self-satisfaction and not to acquire - rewards will follow.
- When you say "this is hard", you have almost given up. Instead, think positive, believe in the reason why you will succeed and forget all the reasons why you may fail.
- We can split our issues in 2 buckets: those you can't do anything about (forget them!) and those you can do something about (do something!). Keep this simple rule in mind and you will reduce wasted time and energy!
- A long cover letter isn't recommended - consider keeping it very short and include a link to a video of yourself instaed. Don't do like this guy (funny): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88g12mflK1s